It hasn't sunk in that we got the go-ahead to start moving into our new home before closing. I was really expecting a big fat NO, but we got a yes!
After all of the preparations (done weeks in advance) proved useless, I went dumb. I couldn't make a decision, I couldn't think & I actually felt like I was coming down with the flu. Thankfully, I'm starting to recover. Even this endless downpour hasn't dampened my spirits, although it would be lovely if it would STOP before we start moving in.
SO. Where should I start?
UTILITIES
The new house will be w/o electricity until after we close. NLR Electric requires the first two pages of a settlement statement to prove homeownership. I've gone through all of the appropriate emotions over this. Anger, frustration, denial, etc. At this point, until the next mood swing strikes, we've accepted this. Al, a family friend, is going to loan us a generator until the lights come on. I'm trying to be positive about this by telling myself it'll be like camping, but indoors! Heh, it might be a rough few days, but we'll be HOME. We've got water & gas taken care of. Comc4st can wait.
DELIVERIES
Rescheduled. I am too excited, though, to be getting brand new appliances. This is part of the fun stuff!
MOVERS
All of our volunteers have been notified. Instructions? "Come if you want." with an explanation of what is going on.
The goal is to be moved in by Sunday evening. All of it!
------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news...
The Arkansas Times has Beth Ditto on the cover of their current issue. BRAVA. I'm so impressed because that is a bold, progressive move. Not to mention that I love Gossip! I'm sad that this weekend is such a damn cluster; we won't make their show. I will probably regret this.
We swung by the Olive St. house to see if we got mail because we had deliveries routed that way. We totally did! I got my new Slingshot! Organizer and our new postbox! It is so charming, I can't wait to post photos here.
2 comments:
This is more like it! Happy (early) birthday to you! Woo hoo! Congrats!
nice fresh & onlys ref in the title!
Post a Comment